It wasn’t a particularly heavy night of drinking but I woke up craving a fry up.
Recently we stayed at Simon’s house and he’d found a baked bean cook book. I have to admit some of the recipes looked less than enticing, especially the sweet recipes! The one recipe we did find that was tempting was the eggy bean bread and this is what I served up this morning.
8 slices of french bread
1/2 tin of baked beans
1) Beat the egg in a bowl.
2) Immerse the bread into the egg and ensure both sides are coated. Set aside.
3) Warm the beans in a saucepan but do not allow to boil.
4) Begin to fry the eggy bread in a frying pan and cook on both sides until the egg turns golden on the bread.
5) Add a spoonful of beans to the bread and place 2 slices of cheese over the beans.
6) Carefully flip the bread over and cook for about 30 seconds until the cheese has melted. Don’t leave it too long or it will burn.
7) Serve and enjoy!
I’m hoping this gives me enough energy for a working elevenses and a walk with Molly the collie later. Happy Sunday!