It’s Wednesday & we’re halfway through the week. I’m sat eating Hershey’s cookies ‘n’ cream kisses & watching ‘How I Met Your Mother’. Bliss! A rare night off from working as well means I’m feeling quite chilled & I got out of work on time to pick the husband up & cook dinner!
Dinner tonight was home-made chicken kievs, sweet potato wedges & cauliflower & broccoli cheese.
2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of butter
2 cloves of crushed garlic
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
2 rashers of bacon
2 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 tablespoon butter
The how to…
1) Make a slit in each chicken breast & with a rolling pin, flatten the chicken a little.
2) In a bowl mix the butter, garlic, lemon juice & pepper.
3) Place half the mixture into a bacon rasher & roll it up before placing it into the chicken. Repeat for the other breast. Secure with cocktail sticks, cover in breadcrumbs and wrap in foil. Cook for around 30 minutes at 200°c.
4) Meanwhile, peel & slice the sweet potato. Cover in oil and season with enough cajun seasoning to your taste. Cook these for 20 minutes.
5) Boil the cauliflower & broccoli chunks for 10 minutes or until softened.
6) In a saucepan, melt the butter & then add a tablespoon of plain flour & stir until it forms a thick paste.
7) Add the milk gradually & whisk until it becomes a sauce. Add cheese and pour over the cauliflower cheese. Grate cheese over the top & cook until the cheese has browned.
The butter had seeped into the chicken & seasoned it with a buttery, garlic taste. The husband was very impressed! I even washed up!