After a 10 & a half hour day at work & a frantic dash to Halfords for reflective strips for our science/D.T. lesson tomorrow, I finally arrived home! My plan had been to do some baking but instead I poured my efforts into making dinner. Excuse the poor quality photo, my phone isn’t great!
BBQ gammon steak with sweetcorn macaroni cheese.
I started by making the BBQ sauce which consists of the following ingredients…
1 finely chopped red onion
Dark brown soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried chilli or pureed chilli
1) Fry the onion in the oil until soft. 2) Add the rest of the ingredients (both sauces to taste) and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
Not specific enough, try this one by the lovely James Martin
I then put the gammon steaks in to gently fry for 2 minutes either side before popping them into the oven, with the sauce, heated to 200°c for 15 minutes.
Alongside these I served macaroni cheese.
You will need…
Enough macaroni pasta to feed the number of people you have Cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 small tin of sweetcorn
1) While the pasta cooks melt the butter gently over a low heat & then whisk in the flour.
2) Slowly add the milk, stirring all the time until it makes a smooth sauce.
3) Add grated cheese & continue to stir along with the sweetcorn.
4) Pour over the cooked pasta, top with grated cheese & cook until the cheese on top has melted & started to brown.
For dessert I cheated and had one of these Muller corners. They are
really amazingly tasty!
I hope you’re all having ok weeks it’s only 3 days until the weekend!
P.S. Well done to the h2b for his ‘Going the extra mile’ at work award. Very proud!