What a week! I had my second hen-do at the weekend & it was another wonderful affair with a cocktail making masterclass at Vodka revolution, dinner at Planet Hollywood & then a trip to a roller disco. I was once again humbled by wonderful friends. I can only thank them!
Sadly though it’s only Tuesday!! Thinking ahead this morning I got minced beef out of the freezer to use for dinner, which was undecided. During a very busy & extremely testing day I decided to have a go at a Mexican lasagne inspired by the lovely Nigella. This is my take on the recipe though.
You will need…
Minced beef 250g for 2 adults
One garlic clove (crushed)
One red onion (diced)
One red pepper (diced)
One tin of tinned tomatoes
One tin of sweetcorn
4 teaspoons of chilli seasoning
You need to…
1) First heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan before adding the garlic and onion. Fry this until the onion is softened.
2) Add the mince and brown gently.
3) Throw in the chilli seasoning. I used this which is ace.
4) Add the pepper until soft.
5) Pour in the tinned tomatoes and sweetcorn and leave to simmer as you make the bechemel sauce. (see previous posts for my recipe)
6) Finally layer the mince mixture, wrap and sauce before covering with the sauce and grated cheese.
7) Cook at 200°c for 10 minutes or until browned.
Serve with garlic bread & enjoy.
It was very tasty! Even the h2b who was dubious to start thought it was great.