Say hello to my mini Oreo© Cheesecakes. I happen to think they are beautiful & having tried the mixture, suitably tasty too!
It’s the last weekend of half term but instead of moping around I’ve been proactive & organised a roast with friends. Tonight for my best friend Queenie & her partner Simon I will be serving roast lamb with roast potatoes & rosemary & thyme yorkshire puds to be followed by the Oreo© cheesecakes you can see above.
9 digestive biscuits
2 dessert spoons of butter (melted) 1 dessert spoon of brown muscavado sugar
100g mascarpone cheese
7 Oreo© cookies
100ml double cream (whipped until thick)
This will make four 2″ in diameter cheesecakes.
1) First crush the biscuits to fine crumbs.
I used the end of a rolling pin as you can see above.
2) Then add the melted butter and sugar and combine.
3) Press the biscuit mixture into the ramekins and chill in the fridge.
4) Next comes the fun bit! Take the Oreos© and unscrew the top putting the plain half into a bowl and then scraping the filling into another. This was surprisingly easy!
5) Add the mascarpone & whipped double cream to the biscuit fillings and mix.
6) Crush the Oreo© biscuits to fine crumbs and add to the mascarpone mixture and stir.
7) Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and top with an Oreo© biscuit.
The proof will be in the pudding, quite literally!
Fortunately there was a little extra of the biscuit base so I used it in another 2 ramekins and have attempted to make peanut butter and ‘jelly’ mini cheesecakes.
For these I added a tablespoon of peanut butter to a tablespoon of mascarpone and combined.
I spread the biscuit base with a teaspoon of strawberry jam before spooning the cream mixture on top.
The h2b has already got his eye on these ones so let’s hope they’re tasty!